Object Media Limited
Object Media provides software consultancy for Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Win CE and Unix operating systems.
We specialize in Win32, MFC, multimedia and Internet products using C++ and Java. We have experience with the new Win64 extensions to Microsoft's Win32 and the new Intel IA64 architecture.
We also have experience with X11, Xt, Motif and OpenView on a variety of Unix platforms. We have been using Linux since 1994.
Recently we have developed software tools to help us perform our work for clients more effectively. Some of these software tools are given away for free on this website. The remaining tools have been licensed to Software Verification Limited and can be found at the Software Verification website.
Typical areas of work:
- Speech enabled internet aware devices to provide email, news and web enabled applications for blind and partially sighted people. Such devices include a wearable computer and a novel input device to replace a braille keyboard.
- Geographic information systems for GSM cellular telephone planning and defence applications.
- Reverse engineering. For one client we had to reverse engineer existing software already owned by the client so that the client could identify the algorithm used by their software for a patent application (the original engineer had left the company with very little documentation).
- Development of multimedia authoring systems.
- Development of talking web browsers.
- Bug fixing existing customer applications.
- Multi-platform development (ie, Unix and VMS).
- Porting large Win16 to Win32 and porting Win32 applications to Win64 on IA64 platforms.
- Memory leak and resource leak detection and correction.
- Performance degradation analysis and correction.
- User interface development.
- Prototyping and research.
- Rapid product development by using an iterative build and test approach to software development.
- Data parsing.